Go back in time at Burlington’s own Old Town Museum, a recreated turn-of-the-century prairie town that features 21 fully restored, historical buildings, housed with authentic artifacts.
Don’t miss this absolutely incredible expedition into Eastern Colorado’s roots; it’s a journey complete with soda jerks, cancan dancers, and even an occasional Main Street “shoot out” between the law and the outlaws!
Old Town Museum
420 South 14th Street, Burlington, CO 80807
Open April - November
Monday - Saturday 9 am - 5 pm
Sunday, Noon - 5 pm
December - March
Tuesday - Saturday 9 am - 5 pm 1-800-288-1334
Sunday - Noon - 5 pm 800-288-1334
get a map | driving directions
The Old Town Museum is open all year, seven days a week. During the summer, our complex features activities and special events designed to educate and entertain your entire family.
Explore our main museum and uncover a delightful collection of tractors, wagons, vehicles, Native American artifacts, an original chuck wagon, covered wagon, an extensive barbed wire collection, and more. Then, head out into Old Town’s Main Street where 21 fully restored historical buildings open an engaging window on the history of Eastern Colorado’s Plains.
During the summer months, relive the era of the soda jerk in the drugstore where hand-dipped ice cream and other old fashioned favorites can still be enjoyed by kids of all ages.
Sit back and capture the Wild West in the Longhorn Saloon with popcorn, peanuts, and your favorite soft drink. Cancan dancers perform daily, and you never know when the “bad guys” will be around -- ready to duel it out with our “sheriff”!
Spend some time in your favorite Old Town historic buildings:
On summer weekends, catch the horse-drawn Old Town Express wagon to the Kit Carson County Carousel! Old Town hosts groups throughout the year. Bus tours, RV groups, and schools visit the museum complex every month of the year. Special rates are available for package tours which include an educational museum tour, catered meals, and a ride on the Old Town Express to the Kit Carson County Carousel.
- Lincoln County's Hedlund House Museum - Hugo, CO
- Limon Heritage Museum & Railroad Park - Limon, CO
- Arriba Museum - Arriba, CO
- Elbert County Museum - Kiowa, CO
- Bailey Saddleland Museum - Simla, CO
- Flagler Hospital Museum & Hal Borland Room - Flagler, CO
- Second Central School Museum - Flagler, CO
- Kit Carson County Carousel - Burlington, CO
- Old Town - Burlington, CO
- Kit Carson Museum - Kit Carson, CO
- Cheyenne Wells Old Jail Museum - Cheyenne Wells, CO
- Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph Museum - Cheyenne Wells, CO